Ss. Cyril and Methodius Cathedral, Prague

The Ss. Cyril and Methodius Cathedral is the main Orthodox church in Prague. It was originally built as a catholic church in the years 1730-1736 and gained its present name and status only in 1933. During World War II the chruch served as a hiding place of Czech and Slovak patriots fighting the Nazis. There is now a museum dedicated to these national heroes.